Friday, January 13, 2012

Paris

On my first day in Paris I checked in to my hotel, then went and rented a car. I rented a BMW to keep things foreign. It was a manual. Next I went to a little bread shop and bought some fine pastries. Went back to my room. A hot bubble bath. Relaxing. The next day I devoted to writing, because my teacher, mr. Nelson encouraged it. I normally dont like writing, but I'm down for something new. The first spot I try is a park with a nice view of the Eiffel tower. I pull out my fine breads and eat, as I watch people bustle about. It is on a rare sunny day. I write, but it is forced. Nothing great is born. Next i try a chair on a barge floating down a river that runs through the city. The smell of the river breeze, and the sight of people smiling puts me in a good mood. I try to write again. Nothing great again. I stop by a bistro and buy some soup before I head back to my hotel for the night. The next six days I party hard! French girls are nice. The day before I leave to return home it is raining. I pull out my journal and try to write one last time. I'm sitting in a small shop at a bench by the window. I stare into the glum, and drift into memory. I remember all the good experience I had. I tried escargot for the first time. I see all the people I met, all the sights I saw. And I begin to write. Ten minutes later I get up, close my journal, and walk out of the shop. I drive to the airport and get on the plane. As im flyig away I stare at the scenery with only one thought. I'm satisfied.

No comments: