Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm 36

I'm 36
I'm driving on a street filled with beggars and millionaires
The middle class is gone.. Almost, there's me still. Hm
I wish I could walk but I can't... it's dirty black corolla
plastic rims, manual locks, fabric seats, blown out
It's an automatic, it doesn't even need my help
I open my wallet and it's filled with pennies
Last meal was yesterday, it was sardines
I work at a failure insurance company
The front door wasnt touched today
I'm entertained by playing farmville
The other employees ignore me
I have one friend on FB.. Mike
I've never met him, never will
I have a masters in physics
I don't recall e=mc^2 at all
I live in a dank apartment
No elevator, no windows
The showers lukewarm
I don't use shampoo
My bed is only 6 ft.
Girls don't see me
Only the dullards
I cannot dream
Or daydream
6 hr sleep
Wakeup
Repeat.

11 comments:

Nelson said...

I like the title. But I can't see the rest of your post. The font is jacked.

effervescent laughter said...

I love it! You have to highlight it to read it! It's like a super secret message! :D
So yeah. Your post kinda made my day. :)

Jodi Picoult said...

I like this one :) It was fun to read. I like the idea of having to highlight the words. That makes it special! WICKED dude!!!

Yours Truely, said...

it took me forever how to read this. really creative....

Charles Xavier said...

i like the failure insurance and farm ville lines. pretty awesome. also the whole highlight to read thing is pretty creative

Maria Williams said...

So. Really good. And super depressing. But I guess that's the point, huh? "Failure insurance company." "Repeat." Very nice.

Katie said...

Very original text style and great writing!

Guy Fawkes Night said...

Very creative, I really enjoyed the way you incorporated a story to your writing. A little depressing but great descriptions!

Miro-Ender said...

This is a good topic of what could happen in life. I like the part where you said that you are working at a failing insurance company and that means that you also have a masters in Physics ( little weird that you'd be working for insurance but that's o.k). It is cool. Keep it up.

Ian Somerhalder said...

this is probably my favorite post. i love it. its creative and your writing is really good!

Ty said...

Awesome! That would be all I have to say.